The Blue Ridge Veterinary Blood Bank (previously EVBB) is the largest canine volunteer blood bank in the United States. Our donors are brought in by their owners once every five to seven weeks to donate, and their donation appointments take less than twenty minutes. All donor dogs recruited by our blood bank have loving homes and families and are never kept in cages or sedated during the donation process. If dogs are not comfortable or cooperative with the program they are not required to continue. We screen for DEA 1.1 blood types and are available on call 24/7/365. Local hospitals can pick up their orders 24/7 with preauthorization, although other hospitals orders can only be shipped during regular UPS courier hours. We will do our best to get your product order shipped to you as quickly as possible. We do not charge STAT fees.
Please ask if we are running any specials when you call. On occasion, we will also have shorter dated product or product that can be donated to qualifying rescues or situations.
Canine Blood Products:
|Packed Red Blood Cells (PRBC)||Positive||Negative|
Store in Standard Refrigerator. Refrigeration life is 42 days from the draw date.
|Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP)||Positive||Negative|
Store in Freezer. Freezer life for FFP is 1 year from the draw date. FFP becomes FP after 1 year and then remains useable as FP for the next 4 years.
|Frozen Plasma (FP)||Not Type Specific|
Store in Freezer. Freezer life for FP is 5 years from the draw date.
|Cryoprecipitate||Not Type Specific|
|Cryo – Standard (treats 22lbs)||$115.00|
|Cryo – Half Unit||$70.00|
Feline Blood Products: PLEASE CALL FOR AVAILABILITY or REFERRAL.
Supplies: Price upon request – Volume Discounts avail on most supplies
- Alvedia Quick Blood Typing Tests (Canine and Feline) $22-$26 per test depending on volume
- Alvedia discounts (5% off 5 tests or more, 10% off 10 tests or more. $22 per test for box of 20 tests)
- Alvedia Quick Crossmatch Kits of 5 tests $142, individual wrapped crossmatch $35 per test
- Baxter 77” filtered blood admin set $10
- Blood Collection Bags $10.50-15 – Jorgenson individual collection and single/trays of Terumo Bags (Double and triples) available
- Hemonate Filters $5.00
- Hemotap Blood Bag Spikes $4.00