Important Update Regarding COVID-19
As we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation, we want to reassure you that we plan to remain communicative and vigilant regarding the virus in our tri-state donation area, as well as our home site. Our clients know how important it is for us to still be able to collect life-saving blood products for hundreds of hospitals each month, while keeping our donor families, donor host sites, and staff safe. Here are some steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our donors and their families:
- We are working within the CDC's guidelines to keep our donation equipment, host site rooms, and staff free of the virus. We are in close communication with our donor sites and their current protocols. Most of them are going implementing curb side pick up with no owners entering the building to lessen any potential risk. We are reaching out to all of our donor families to adjust appointments as needed. We know curbside pickup does not work with all of our donor dogs as some refuse to donation without their owners present and that’s ok!
- Some donation sites are being cancelled at the request of the host site. We will inform you if this applies to your location.
- We have added additional cleaning procedures.
- We have instructed staff not to come to work if they or someone in their household is sick. We have instructed donor owners for each day to reschedule appointments if they are exposed, sick, or in a high risk category group.
- Our outbound shipping department of products has implemented an additional level of sanitizing and not recycling cardboard and coolers to be reused at this time.
We are hoping to be able to continue a moderate amount of donations for the several hundred hospitals that rely on us weekly, if not daily for life-saving blood while keeping everyone safe and healthy. We will be monitoring different implementations by the different states that we travel to and make adjustments where necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call directly at 540-370-9955 and listen to our phone prompts for further communication). For general updates and the latest developments, please check our blood bank’s Facebook Page.